Working with a leading balancing and settlements business; Using an expert knowledge of the energy market the Business Intelligence Analyst will deliver reports, dashboards and data visualisation using Microsoft Excel, PowerBI and SQL. Requirements for the reports will be from both internal and external customers. Reporting ideas will be logged and assigned to a matrix with scores for complexity and value. The reports taken forward will be progressed to proof of concept stage, if successful, an enduring solution will be determined. In this role you will also support data related tasks across the business, train other staff and support Market Analysis to deliver BAU services.
To deliver services for the Market Analysis Team / BSC Operations Department, including:
- Consult with BSC Parties to identify reporting requirements.
- Develop reports, dashboards and data visualisation.
- Develop and maintain documentation to ensure that reports can be transferred to an analyst or service provider if the proof of concept is successful
- Train Market Analysts to use SQL, Excel (PowerPivot, PowerQuery, DAX)
- Customer Service – Contribute to the attainment a high standard of customer feedback.
- Support the business to deliver data related tasks including but not limited to Market Insights Reporting, Blogs and operations report services
- Support the Market Analysis Team to deliver BAU services .
The successful candidate will:
- Have expert SQL skills.
- Have expert Excel skills including PowerPivot, PowerQuery, DAX
- Be expert in developing dashboards
- Be expert in data visualisation using PowerBI
- Be expert analytical skills obtained in analysis or reporting function. 2 to 5 years’ experience.
- Be able to train others in used of SQL, Excel (PowerPivot, PowerQuery, DAX)
- Have the ability to translate user business requirements into system reporting and analysis requirements .
- Be Educated to degree level
- Have experience at an energy related company and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of energy market operation
- Have experience in analysing large data sets to solve business problems
- Possess a good standard of written and spoken English
SUBMIT YOUR CV