Working with a leading balancing and settlements business, the Head of the Project Management Office will
- Provide direction to Design and Delivery through translation of the Architecture Strategy and Business Plan into a Design and Delivery Operating Plan
- Manage the development of the Operating Plan for Design and Delivery , setting out deliverables, targets and accountabilities for the year.
- Manage the development of the Change Portfolio.
- Develop and manage performance targets and KPI metrics to drive the measurement of performance .
- Identify improvement opportunities across the Change Process and Project and Portfolio Risk Management Processes through insights from KPIs and the lessons learned process
- Provide comprehensive project and portfolio support services through the application and development of appropriate best practice in Project and Portfolio Management and support
- To lead the development and articulation of the Operating Plan in order to provide clear direction to the Design and Delivery organisation
- To manage the development of the Investment Portfolio Plan in order to ensure strategic prioritisation and maximised value to the business and its key stakeholders
- To work with Finance and Departmental Heads to develop and agree a year – ahead financial plan
- To lead the development and articulation of an Operating Plan in order to set out specific deliverables, targets and accountabilities for the Design and Delivery Team.
- To work with architecture to align the strategic portfolio with BSC led demand to ensure prioritised planning of resources and sufficient capability to deliver within an acceptable risk profile
- PPM Subject matter expert to advise and guide the Delivery team and wider teams in the Change Process
- Management and Development of Key Performance metrics
- Support Projects on overall activities such as project planning, project tracking, facilitating meetings and workshops, and preparing progress reports.
- Responsibility for the Project Support service provided to each project including, planning and control functions.
- Continuous improvement of the Change Process
- Proven ability to build successful working relationships across the organisation and demonstrate influence over peers and senior managers
- Ability to collaborate across teams within a specific function to design and develop cross functional processes and provide reporting capabilities
- Ability to establish, track, monitor and report on processes, performance and operational metrics
- Knowledge and experience of portfolio definition and delivery processes such as Investment Planning, Business Planning and Investment approval
- Experience of corporate business plan ing processes
- Good understanding of risk management techniques
- Ability to excel in high pressure environment,
- Ability to manage a matrixed team
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant industry / professional certification desirable
SUBMIT YOUR CV