This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable company in the Oil and Gas industry. The role will be various, you will join one of two teams who are working on projects, involving Application centric migration activities to fit into the existing migration path for OnPrem solutions, such as Murex into an AWS space. Or focusing on the development of new pipelines, creation/addition of modules into the existing CI/CD pipelines. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator looking to get in to a DevOps role or for a Junior/Mid Level DevOps engineer to progress their career.
- Experience across Windows and Linux, systems
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages across Linux or Windows systems.
- 1 or more DevOps techs (Octopus Deploy, MS Build, TeamCity, CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible, Saltstack, Git, Nagios, TFS/VSTS, Openshift, Splunk, Appdynamics)
- Cloud experience: AWS, Azure
- Containerisation, ideally Docker
The position will involve joining one of two teams:
(1) Pipeline Engineering – creation and enhancement of standardised CI/CD pipelines. The current work involves the integration of ServiceNow change + incident into all existing pipelines. Creation of Salesforce ‘Ci/CD’ and releasing a new version of the pipeline for Openshift to incorporate the new deployment methods in Openshift 3.11 2.
(2) Automation Engineering – application migrations from On-Prem to Cloud, including Openlink Endur, MUREX and other legacy Java/Windows solutions. These apps may use the pipelines created in (1).
You will need to be aware and hungry to overcome potential struggles that can exist within Enterprise organisations, including transitioning to both Cloud and a DevOps culture.SUBMIT YOUR CV