The Design Analyst is responsible for:
- Supporting the review of the current solution architecture and where appropriate provide guidance to improving the current architecture in line with best practices
- Providing advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Ensuring that all design artefacts are in place including the identification, development and maintenance of the design documentation.
- Setting up the use of the current Sparx EA tool for creating and storing artefacts across the EMR team
- Supporting the Design team’s BAU activities related to changes arising from the EMR scheme.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ability to accurately design and create associated collateral to communicate the design to stakeholders and service providers and facilitate resolution of design queries.
- Coordinating activities, participating in regular meetings with business analysis and test teams.
- Liaising with business delivery team leader to ensure business requirements are appropriately documented.
- Liaising with test team leader to ensure design outputs are suitable for testing purposes.
- Reporting on team activities to managers.
- Providing support for traceability activities to show how the system design supports business/service needs.
- Selecting and using appropriate methodologies for system design activities.
- Previous and extensive use of Sparx ‘Enterprise Architect’ product to record designs, models and requirements traceability.
- Managing development outputs and ensuring sufficient technical documentation is created and maintained.
- Carrying out technical reviews, and assuring overall quality of technical deliverables.
SUBMIT YOUR CV