A Senior Change Analyst is responsible for progressing changes to utilities industry codes.
You will support customer’s proposals to amend systems and processes. You will assess and research changes and present your findings through a series of reports and presentations to industry expert Workgroups.
At the heart of this role is a requirement to be able to summarise large amounts of often complex information in a clear and concise manner, organise and plan the progression of changes, and have strong business acumen.
The role is positioned within a team of Change Analysts and Senior Change Analysts. You will be expected to progress multiple BSC changes simultaneously both individually and as part of the wider team.
Function and Responsibilities
- Research, assess and progress changes (Modifications, Change Proposals and Issues) in line with agreed processes, timescales and quality standards.
- Gather necessary information and data by co-ordinating and managing groups of internal and external experts or interested parties (stakeholders). This includes accurately interpreting and documenting discussions and views from market participants.
- Chair industry meetings (issue groups and Modification Workgroups) when required.
- Write clear business requirements for changes that reflect agreed solutions
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal inc. written).
- Be proficient at delivering presentations requiring decision to internal and external colleagues of all seniority.
- Be able to present large amounts of complex information in a simple, clear and concise manner.
- Be an excellent organiser and a meticulous planner.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Be interpersonally astute.
- Be able to engage with and proactively build positive relationships with customers both internally and externally.
- Have a real can do attitude.
- Be a proactive self-starter and a strong team player.
- To be able to facilitate internal and external meetings, capturing business needs.
- To ideally have an understanding or awareness of the GB electricity market arrangements.
- To ideally have an awareness of wider industry developments that may impact the business.
- To have or be able to develop strong business analysis skills.
- To be or become proficient in chairing meetings.